Sunday, August 07, 2005

Trailhead ammenities
The trail was covered in some places...
and missing in others.
lunch at the butterfly cafe

Aug 7-

On our last full day in Meinong Orange and Arthur offered to take us hiking. Once again the typhoon damage interfered with our plans. The trail was blocked by fallen trees and power lines, all of which we were able to navigate around. In retrospect continuing as far as we did may not have been the best idea. At one point when we were trying to climb above a blocked portion, I got the distinct impression that much of the ground was still liquefied, and that if I slid, I would take a chuck of hillside with me. Eventually we reached a section where the road had completely disappeared down the hill, and decided that it was time to turn around. I doubt we made it halfway along the trail, but as I see it this will be a more memorable experience than if the trail was clean and we reached the top, no matter how stunning the view may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home